Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's All About Attitude!



If there was one thing that could make or break a sale, it’s ATTITUDE! Many sales people underestimate the power of a positive attitude when it comes to meeting a prospect. One of my favorite quotes for this profession comes from W. Clement Stone, “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman - not the attitude of the prospect.” Attitude is one of the most contagious things we catch from other people and don’t even notice! The more excited, pumped up, and optimistic you are about your product or service, the more excited your prospect is going to be! The following are a few suggestions to help keep your attitude more alive and spunky for your next client!

Find A Pump Up Song: Finding a song you love that leaves you feeling energetic is a key ingredient to starting your day off on the right foot. With my past experience, I not only listened to my pump up song right when I woke up, but if I felt even the slightest bit of my energy fall throughout the day;’ I’d take a 4 minute break and go listen to “I’m Not Afraid” by Eminem. (I may or may not be listening to it right now…)



Find Your Favorite Quotes: Quotes can be very inspirational. If you finding the right quotes and keep them with you everyday, you’ll be surprised how much they affect your ways of thinking.  When I was interning with Campus Special, I had post-it notes posted everywhere in my car that I could read while driving to my next appointment with a potential client. "If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." is one of my favorite quotes. It makes me feel like I can do anything and leaves me feeling more excited to make my next pitch.

Never Let a “No” Keep You Down: Never walk into a meeting with a prospect feeling down about getting a “no” from your previous meeting. Guess what? The prospect you are meeting with now has NO idea your previous meeting didn’t go like you had planned. This is a new business, new prospect, and a fresh start! Walk in energized and ready to help your next prospect!

These are just a few tips that always worked for me in maintaining my positive attitude with my experience in sales. Always remember that attitude is 100 percent in your control, so why not make it a good one?




No comments:

Post a Comment